3XL Golf Gear

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
Merry Christmas everyone.

Being a new member to the forum & after doing some searches I am keen to kick off my first post by asking where any of the 'larger' golfers on here shop for gear.

I'm 6'4 & 19 stone & really struggle to buy anything decent & whilst I fully realise this post leaves me potentially open to ridicule its Christmas Eve & I've had a few & I can't be the only person playing who ends up buying what fits rather than what I want to buy.

I've got a Nike XXL storm fit set of waterproofs however the Nike & Calloway T-shirts in XXL aren't quite big enough and everything else is just LOL aside from Ashworth XXXL which I can on order from my local pro shop albeit at top price.

I went to Orlando last year & bought some three 3XL Ashworth Tshirts from a golf store - wished I'd bought everything they had in my size now considering how difficult it is to buy branded gear in the UK.

Shoes are no problem ( size 12) but buying decent branded clothing is a frustrating process as it's very difficult to obtain.

Does anyone similar experiences or have any shopping lines they use that would help ?

Thanks

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
It can be difficult to get the right fit without trying things on . My shirt size can vary from large to xx large depending on cut and the make.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't know any particular sites, but jacamo may be one.

I've got a cutter and buck windsheeter in a very big size, if you wanted to give that a try on sale or return (£40). It's just hanging up in the wardrobe, but can bring it to a meet, if your about.

Welcome, and where do you play?

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Hello and welcome aboard. Get stuck In and enjoy. :)

As regards the query on clothing galvin green do bigger sizes but it's expensive and mostly mail order on the bigger sizes.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Merry Christmas everyone.

Being a new member to the forum & after doing some searches I am keen to kick off my first post by asking where any of the 'larger' golfers on here shop for gear.

I'm 6'4 & 19 stone & really struggle to buy anything decent & whilst I fully realise this post leaves me potentially open to ridicule its Christmas Eve & I've had a few & I can't be the only person playing who ends up buying what fits rather than what I want to buy.

I've got a Nike XXL storm fit set of waterproofs however the Nike & Calloway T-shirts in XXL aren't quite big enough and everything else is just LOL aside from Ashworth XXXL which I can on order from my local pro shop albeit at top price.

I went to Orlando last year & bought some three 3XL Ashworth Tshirts from a golf store - wished I'd bought everything they had in my size now considering how difficult it is to buy branded gear in the UK.

Shoes are no problem ( size 12) but buying decent branded clothing is a frustrating process as it's very difficult to obtain.

Does anyone similar experiences or have any shopping lines they use that would help ?

Thanks

Welcome aboard. You're absolutely right, you're not. I'm of similar dimensions and have similar issues, and Nike would have been my first suggestion. My Glenmuir & Oscar Jacobsen roll necks come up fairly large, alternatively some Greg Norman stuff comes up on the large side. If you do find anything suitable that doesn't get a mention on the post, let me know please. Merry Christmas.

Ista

Hacker
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses. Actually Ping is a good call as I bought a few 4XL tshirts from a mail order site a couple of years ago & they were fine. I'll revisit that one. I'm really looking for some new waterproofs - as mentioned above Galvin Green do 3XL but I found they were really XXL.
Oh & in response to Liverbirdie I practice at Rainford Golf Driving range ( nr St Helens & a great set up) & play anywhere I can get on at weekends :) as golf membership just isn't value for money for me even though I'd like to join a club.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum. Rest assured you arnt going to get ridiculed by me! 6 ft 4in and 19 stone I wouldn't dare in case we meet at at a forum game!!

Can't answer but Blue in Munich is a big lad and he might know

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Hi, welcome to the forum. Rest assured you arnt going to get ridiculed by me! 6 ft 4in and 19 stone I wouldn't dare in case we meet at at a forum game!!

Can't answer but Blue in Munich is a big lad and he might know

Post 6. Is Santa bringing you some glasses old timer.......... :D Merry Christmas Chris.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thanks for the quick responses. Actually Ping is a good call as I bought a few 4XL tshirts from a mail order site a couple of years ago & they were fine. I'll revisit that one. I'm really looking for some new waterproofs - as mentioned above Galvin Green do 3XL but I found they were really XXL.
Oh & in response to Liverbirdie I practice at Rainford Golf Driving range ( nr St Helens & a great set up) & play anywhere I can get on at weekends :) as golf membership just isn't value for money for me even though I'd like to join a club.

Is that the north west national - it has the hardest praccy putting green this side of the Urals.

Coatsy79

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It's difficult isn't it because some stuff is "athletic fit" others tailored and some are loose

I can't wear oakley shirts because the XL is too tight but the XXL is like a tent they could do with a medium xl :rofl:

I often find stuff isn't long enough too

I find Nike to be decently cut and they probably go to bigger sizes (definitely in the US but seems limited here)

Under armour are another one that go massive in the states but not so much here

D

Deleted member 1740

Try Debenhams golf range, they tend to cater for the lard arses amongst us!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Biggest issue I find is having product in my size - extra humongous - to try on..
Nobody keeps the size in stock so it's a case of buying before you try and sending back if necessary..