3 man Texas Scramble - 6400 yard course Par 72- how long will it take?

Kennysarmy

Visit site
I'm meant to be playing in a 3-man Texas scramble competition on Sunday which we signed up for months ago.
We have a tee time of 1pm and sunset is 4.48 - and it's not mean to be a particularly bright day.

What are our chances of finishing the round?

The course have offered to give us a refund (I don't think they'd factored in the clocks changing that day!!!)

Would you risk it or just pull out?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's potentially close but you have a better chance with 3 man teams than 4. Also depends on walks between holes, sorry to be boring but that can impact massively. 6,400 is a decent walk on it's own and I'd expect it to take 3 1/2-4 hours

I think my decision would depend on how much I wanted to play that particular course, how much the green fee was, and would I get the chance of another game that weekend or in the coming weeks. ie how desperate was I to play. If I wasn't really keen, I'd take the offer of a refund.

What was the light like with you last night at 6pm? It was dark up here, play would probably have stopped a good half hour earlier. Another week of darkness creeping in and the clocks then changing.............

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Scrambles aren’t the quickest format at the best of times. You’ve got to be looking at four hours, especially if you’re out towards the end of the field.

RichA

Visit site
I'm meant to be playing in a 3-man Texas scramble competition on Sunday which we signed up for months ago.
We have a tee time of 1pm and sunset is 4.48 - and it's not mean to be a particularly bright day.

What are our chances of finishing the round?

The course have offered to give us a refund (I don't think they'd factored in the clocks changing that day!!!)

Would you risk it or just pull out?
Our place is 6600ish yards. 3 man scramble is about the same pace as a normal 3-ball. Anywhere between 3h20 and 4h, depending who's in front.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just because the sunset time is 4:48 that doesn't mean it's pitch black dark at that time. You've usually got another 20 minutes of light after that.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just play, some golf is better than none and i've finished a few in the dark on trips - often the memories you think about. Will it be equal playing field if you've got fading light, probably not, but should still get 18 in.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just because the sunset time is 4:48 that doesn't mean it's pitch black dark at that time. You've usually got another 20 minutes of light after that.
Depends on the weather.
Clouds and rain will shut out the light in minutes after sunset, possibly before if the cloud is thick.

Kennysarmy

Visit site
Just play, some golf is better than none and i've finished a few in the dark on trips - often the memories you think about. Will it be equal playing field if you've got fading light, probably not, but should still get 18 in.
Would be able to get on my home course at 12.30 - so have a backup plan....get your point about the memories though....