3 blooming years!!!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
He needed a sanction of some sort because, as a Professional, you shouldn't be doing that. Imagine the outcry if Pogba had done that at OT..
Point the idiot out to Marshalls, give them a cold hard stare or similar but you can't give the finger to a paying spectator.
3 years, though, is so ridiculous.
A donation to a local charity and a talking to would have been nearer the mark.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely an OTT reaction but the punishment doesn't reflect the crime. I assume he'll simply look to ply his trade on other Asian tours or even consider ET Q school and carry on playing elsewhere

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definitely an OTT reaction but the punishment doesn't reflect the crime. I assume he'll simply look to ply his trade on other Asian tours or even consider ET Q school and carry on playing elsewhere
They are currently clarifying if the ban covers all golf organisations and so all tours 😱. Ridiculously harsh.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They are currently clarifying if the ban covers all golf organisations and so all tours 😱. Ridiculously harsh.
Surely he has a case for restriction of trade. How is he meant to earn his living? I can totally understand banning him from the home tour, but can't see how a ban to apply to join the ET as an example (even on the Challenge Tour as a stepping stone) could be upheld

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Surely he has a case for restriction of trade. How is he meant to earn his living? I can totally understand banning him from the home tour, but can't see how a ban to apply to join the ET as an example (even on the Challenge Tour as a stepping stone) could be upheld
Do the tours not join up in terms of disciplinary action? That happens in most sports, a unified front.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I saw a picture of him on his knees at a press conference begging for forgiveness.

You would like to think it would be vastly reduced in time.

Its obviously a completely differnt culture over there and respect is everything to them but even they should realise that 3yrs for a hand gesture is over the top.

D

Deleted Member 1156

From what I can see it's not just making a rude gesture. He also swore at the spectator and some 'racket abuse' as well.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well OTT, there are many 'famous' players on the ET and PGA who would have been punished if it was uniformly applied - since it isn't I can't see that it is justified/equitable to ban him from all 'tours'.

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Middle Figure: 3 years
Repeated & Continued Slow Play: Millions of $$$$ as a reward

Understand the offences are different, understand the tours are different, and both need some sort of penalty. But think this might be disproportionate.