2 hours 40 minutes

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
As a 2 ball today we were round in 2 hours 40 minutes, that wasn't rushing and included gabbing and the occasional dropped ball and hitting again. I think we could easily get sub 2 hours 30 without doing to much different.

Very strange set of circumstances today, we got through a 4 ball on the 2nd tee and didn't catch another game until 18th and they were walking onto the green as we were on the tee. Very quiet and very unusual set of playing circumstances.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
2.5 hours for a 2 ball is a good pace I think.

It would be nice if there was a scientific way to easily break down what takes a long round when there is no group in front.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is it quite a quick course? Short between tees etc. I can do a 2 ball at ours in 3hrs if no one else is in the way, not in a comp as filling in the card would slow us a bit, but I don't believe we could get to that time still.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
we managed it in 2.45 yesterday. course was quiet despite the great weather. got held up twice, once when we caught up with a 3 ball on the 16th tee, and then on the 17th tee when we got button-holed for about 5 minutes by some idiot trying to get us to join a clay pigeon shooting syndicate! we eventually got away from him by pointing out that the 3 ball we had just played through were now on the green behind us!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just went round the local course in 1.40 on my own. That was with a few waits whilst playing through. Carried and got a sweat on. And birdied the 3 par 3s on the back 9 to finish +2 gross but now I’m just showing off 😂

D

Deleted member 21258

2.5 hours for a 2 ball is a good pace I think.

It would be nice if there was a scientific way to easily break down what takes a long round when there is no group in front.

Agree with that.

On occasions when playing 2 ball with son we have some rounds around 2 hrs for 18 holes due to daylight closing in or the wife sitting in the clubhouse and not wishing to play another 18, but that just seems mentally fast walking between shots.

We played 12 holes on sunday before it was dark in about 1hr 15mins and the wife was walking behind us, she was struggling to keep up with us between tee to green.:LOL:

D

Deleted member 3432

As a 2 ball today we were round in 2 hours 40 minutes, that wasn't rushing and included gabbing and the occasional dropped ball and hitting again. I think we could easily get sub 2 hours 30 without doing to much different.

Very strange set of circumstances today, we got through a 4 ball on the 2nd tee and didn't catch another game until 18th and they were walking onto the green as we were on the tee. Very quiet and very unusual set of playing circumstances.
Your club got no members? ;)

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

You could smash that if you played Stableford old bean

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I hour 40 minutes and 2 hour rounds here. I need to "up my game" and visit the gym. Some damn impressive times.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't quite understand what seems to be an obsession about how quick/slow folk play. It's a good 4ish mile walk, it will always take at least a minimum amount of time, regardless of how quick someone plays, it's not a race.

Well, walking a mile at an "average" pace should be about 20 minutes a mile. Therefore that's only an hour 20 minutes. Go figure the rest.

It's not an obsession it's pointing out the fact that some people refuse to accept that slow play shouldn't be an issue. You have inadvertently highlighted that further.

I accept competition golf will slow but it shouldn't slow significantly which is happening these days. In the last 20 years or so I have seen a huge shift in the time an "average" round of golf is taking. It really is ridiculous now and its driving people away from the game.

User20204

Visit site
No matter how fast or slow we play it will always be circa "x" amount of time, if we are faster it might shave 10 minutes if slower it might be 10 minutes. Ten minutes is nothing over the course of 4 hours, as HJS said, it is what it is. As it happens, I haven't played a game over 4 hours for years and our course is busy-ish and is 6800 off the whites.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
:rolleyes: another example of selfish players getting round the course in a reasonable time. when will people realise this is killing golf, will no one think of the slow coaches who will have to make way for these selfish cads and let them through...spoiling our 5 hour round.... i wish there was a shakes head emoji:cry:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I don't get the fixation about set times per round per number of players. Turn up, peg it on the first and shake hands on the 18th. It takes however long it takes.

No it doesn't take as long as it takes. It takes as long as selfish people want it to take. It's the attitude of it takes as long as it takes that is killing it.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't get the fixation about set times per round per number of players. Turn up, peg it on the first and shake hands on the 18th. It takes however long it takes.

That’s a poor attitude, times have changed, I’ve 2 young kids and a wife and work away half the year.
I’m not saying rush but don’t go at a snails pace either, your not on the PGA tour.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No it doesn't take as long as it takes. It takes as long as selfish people want it to take. It's the attitude of it takes as long as it takes that is killing it.
So you are on a course of four balls in front of you, common on a Saturday morning. The pace is slow and you have to wait on each shot. What can you realistically do? Nothing. Even if you get through the first four ball, but are you really going to keep getting let through? How do you realistically change these attitudes. These players at most clubs are playing in the same slots or booking the same times week in/week out. Short of changing your own arrangements to avoid this peak time and regular slow players how does the club change it. Most aren't going to interfere and risk losing members. As a result, chill, enjoy the company and surroundings, play your game and don't look at the clock