1st round in a long time

tango101

Club Champion
www.christopherwedgburystudio.co.uk
Well I've just got back from heading to the range, but as the rain moved on I thought I'd pop by a turn up and play course I know...and got on.

Its been a long time, but its nice to get one under my belt again!

Only kept score for the front nine...as the the score was bad I played best ball on the back nine and tried a few shoots out.

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm playing tomorrow for the first time in 6 weeks at my local course ( Belhus park ) and then my first society day on saturday at Pedham place in Kent . Its described as an 'inland links' course.

Have played there once before but it didn't stop raining all day. Hope the sun stays out for the weekend !!!

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well , i would say that my 'first round out for a while' today was definitely a bit of a rollercoaster.

I tried not to think about scoring too much and concentrate on my ball striking......which was mostly terrible . All the hard work and changes i'd been implementing on the range did a disappearing act sharpish.

Did manage 3 pars but this was interspersed with some outrageously high numbers . It wasn't until the 16th that i really started to realise what i'd been doing wrong - changed my posture and hey Presto ! , i started striking the ball sweet...even hitting the par 5 18th in regulation...which i've never done ( Must remember to keep more upright during my swing )

Did a quick calcualtion and reckoned i would have scored 20points in a stableford..... :(

Lets just hope i can remember the good points for saturdays society day

P.S - Even with all the to'ing and fro'ing , I still had a very enjoyable day out on the course though :) :) :)