19th July onwards, pre pandemic rules reinstated

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah, I'm not looking forward to the first time I'm plugged in a bunker. Been a long time since I had to play a shot like that!

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Apparently clubs have to provide hand washing facilities at each hole. Personally, I've always had (pre covid) hand sanitiser in my bag - just for after having a relief in a bush or wiping the muck off a ball. I find it disturbing that it has taken COVID for people to actually wash their hands.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Apparently clubs have to provide hand washing facilities at each hole. Personally, I've always had (pre covid) hand sanitiser in my bag - just for after having a relief in a bush or wiping the muck off a ball. I find it disturbing that it has taken COVID for people to actually wash their hands.

Reading that it says we recommend

So they don't have to if they don't want to

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
how is it being double penalised?
I suppose if it is a hazard, which generally should be avoided, it is likely that it may be costing you a shot just by being in the hazard, (not always I know), but to then find your ball in a footprint for example, could well result in a further shot just to move it from there.
I‘d just like the lie to be as the course architect designed the bunker, and I doubt they saw it as unraked or full of footprints, in most instances a 6” preferred lie would suffice.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I suppose if it is a hazard, which generally should be avoided, it is likely that it may be costing you a shot just by being in the hazard, (not always I know), but to then find your ball in a footprint for example, could well result in a further shot just to move it from there.
I‘d just like the lie to be as the course architect designed the bunker, and I doubt they saw it as unraked or full of footprints, in most instances a 6” preferred lie would suffice.

so do you want preferred lies if you are plugged in the sand? bit too close to the face, its ok move it back 6 inches? etc etc

sunshine

Visit site

But if there are rakes then hopefully the bunker won't be full of footprints. But a bunker is a hazard and you aren't supposed to be guaranteed a perfect lie anyway...

D

Deleted member 23270

If you hit it into the hazard then you take what you're given. If you don't like it then spend more time on the practice ground ?

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Thanks guys, I take on board all of your comments. I had no desire to get into a full scale discussion on the merits of lies in bunkers which probably warrants a thread of its own.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Totally impractical for most clubs anyway!

I think what clubs could do is buy a job lot of little plastic bottles with clips on...then some hand gel and fill them up

Sell them to the golfers and offer refills for like £1 or something